Hot Tub Lifestyle
Entertainment / Party Ideas / Games
Hot Tubs are very relaxing, but they can also be fun! Here are some hot tub games and Ideas to help make your tubbing more enjoyable.
Play with Plastic Playing Cards
If you really enjoy poker, blackjack or canasta, consider playing with plastic cards while in a hot tub. You may need to have a floating mat in the middle of the tub or a side table for shuffling the cards, but these cards are great for avid players. Just don't use regular playing cards unless you feel like replacing them afterwards You can also get your one of your favorite childhood games in waterproof form, Uno. These are 100% waterproof and clear. Incorporate it into an evening of fun with your kids and teach them the ins and outs of the game. It will quickly be one of their favorites, too. This game is well-suited for 2-4 people, which makes it worthwhile for smaller hot tubs.
Floating Checkers Tray
Hot Tub Lifestyle If you have a favorite checkers partner and don't want to stop practicing while you are in the spa, consider purchasing a checkers tray. They are great for hot tub games, especially if you and a friend or loved one are enjoying a soak together.
Hot Rubber Ducky or Boat Races
Spa Entertainment Everyone in the hot tub holds their rubber duck in the middle of the tub with the jets off. When everyone lets go someone turns on the jets , and the first duck to reach the side of the tub wins. Or players can have boat battles, in which players push boats against one another to try to get them to capsize. Like the next suggestion, these hot tub games are great for mindless fun after a stressful day or week.
Hot Tub Charades
Hot Tub Entertainment Since charades doesn't require any props, boards or playing pieces, it can be played in the hot tub. Charades hot tub games can be fun because they add a more complicated element to the game - the fact that you can't move around as easily. If you prefer, you can play a version of charades where sounds or certain words are allowed.
Girls Night In
Spa Fun Little black dresses don't fare too well when the temperatures drop below 30 degrees. Forgo the heels without forgoing the cocktails by having a girl's night in—it's time for a ladies-only spa party. Instruct everyone to pack swimsuits along with their warmest pajamas and gossip the night away in the spa. When it's time to get out, dry off and cozy up in those pajamas—it's time for a night of chick flicks, sleepover-style.
Family Spa Time in the Snow
Hot Tub Fun Who says hot tubs are just for grown-ups? After a long day of sledding, snowball fights and snowmen-making, nothing warms up cold noses and toes like a dip in the family spa. Surprise your family by bringing out a tray stacked with heaping hot chocolate mugs—don't forget the whipped cream and marshmallows! There's no need to risk frostbite in order to enjoy your own private winter wonderland. Everything else may be frozen, but you'll stay toasty warm in the hot tub while enjoying the new fallen snow with the ones you love.
Ping Pong Relay
Spa Lifestyle This game is an absolute riot once you get it started and you need at least 4 people.
What you need:
- 17 or more ping-pong balls (you need an odd number)
- This is a team game where teams of two (guy and girl) compete against each other. The object of the game is to get the most ping pong balls into the "basket" as possible. Here's the catch – the "basket" is the swimsuit (top and bottom) of either you, or your team member, and whoever is retrieving the balls, can ONLY use their mouth. So, for instance, you would hold your suit open just enough for your team member to drop in the ping pong ball they just retrieved with their mouth.
- It works best when one team has a guy as the "basket" and a girl retrieving, and the other team has the opposite setup.
- No one can touch the ping pong balls with their hands.
- The "basket" team member can stretch open their suit to help, but that is all.
Hot Tub Lifestyle The object of this game is to randomly swap bathing suits with someone and not be last. This game is better with a big group. The more the better, and depending on the crowd, it can get wild!
Here is what you will need:
- Blindfolds for everyone.
How it works:
- Everyone puts on a blindfold so that no one can see. Then, all at once, everyone takes off their bathing suit and casts it in the middle.
- Everyone then grabs for another suit AND changes seats at the same time. Once you have a new one on, call "Done" and take off your blindfold. Guys and girls suits are up for grabs for anyone.
- You can't hand your suit to someone else, you have to cast it away.
- No "hoarding" or keeping more than one suit.
- Guys can't keep tops.